Marketing and Communications Officer
Salary: £28k, full-time, permanent position
We are seeking a hard-working and dedicated professional who is looking to work within marketing, fundraising and communication for a well-established charity with a warm and welcoming environment.
* Motivating existing supporters and donors to maximise their funding and maintaining relationship with Trust.
* Developing new and innovative fundraising activities.
* Managing and updating databases to record donor contact and preferences.
* Writing applications and mail-shots to reach out to current and potential donors.
* Producing a weekly newsletter covering our activities at Noor Orphans Fund (NOF).
* Running new campaigns and setting targets and creating marketing campaigns and content.
* Gaining new supporters to raise money through community fundraising, trusts and grants, legacy fundraising, corporate fundraising and developing relationships with major donors.
* Developing web-based fundraising and researching into charitable trusts whose criteria match our aims and activities
* Raising awareness of the charity and its work at local and national levels e.g. giving talks to groups or media.
* Taking part in organising Gala Dinners and other fundraising events
* Creating marketing strategies to help drive traffic and engagement to our website Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) – producing analytics and driving traffic towards website and social media pages.
* Weekly website updates with news and new campaigns Producing and publishing content (including creating videos and graphics) for all social media channels.
* Producing social media analytics reports
* Keeping up to date with any social media trends
* Monitoring social media channels (e.g. YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc).
* Engaging with social media followers and responding to any questions or mentions across social media platforms.
* Liaising with teams in Iraq for research and information gathering
* Formulating annual marketing plans and content calendars
You would be expected to work 35 hours a week, as well as attending evening and weekend events and meetings. A portion of your time would also be allocated to attend out-of-office meetings with potential supporters and donors. However, any time spent in the evening or over weekends will be counted as work exerted during office hours and thus taken into consideration.
* Educated to degree level (or equivalent)
* Knowledge of Arabic desirable but not essential
* A portfolio of evidence to demonstrate work achieved – either personal or business social media accounts/platforms
* Excellent interpersonal skills – relationship building and networking skills to develop and nurture donor relationships. Ability to establish rapport with a diverse range of people.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and financially numerate.
* Organised approach to work – proactive, good and methodical administrative skills, with good planning and time-management. Ability to prioritise and work well under pressure
* Self-motivated and committed to the cause of the charity
* Excellent presentation skills
* A warm, personable manner is an absolute must, as we are looking for someone who works well within a team and can help out with other departments when needed (time allowing).
* Make a positive contribution to our warm and friendly office environment.
At Noor Trust, we have a policy of supporting colleagues to develop their skills and upgrade performance. If you have not worked in this field previously, but are motivated by the thought of charitable work and in particular helping orphans, then please do not hesitate to apply, as we do offer skill training and encourage continual development. Email your CV to email@example.com.