Marketing and Communications Officer
Salary: £28k, full-time, permanent position
Location: Noor Trust, 4 Dalston Gardens, Stanmore, Middx, HA7 1BU
We are seeking a hard-working and dedicated professional who is looking to work within marketing, fundraising and communication for a well-established charity with a warm and welcoming environment.
* Motivating existing supporters and donors to maximise their funding and maintaining relationship with Trust.
* Managing and updating databases to record donor contact and preferences.
* Writing applications and mail-shots to reach out to current and potential donors.
* Producing a weekly newsletter covering our activities at Noor Orphans Fund (NOF).
* Running new campaigns and setting targets and creating marketing campaigns and content.
* Raising awareness of the charity and its work at local and national levels e.g. giving talks to groups or media.
* Taking part in organising Gala Dinners and other fundraising events
* Creating marketing strategies to help drive traffic and engagement to our website
* Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) – producing analytics and driving traffic towards website and social media pages.
* Weekly website updates with news and new campaigns
* Producing and publishing content for all social media channels.
* Liaising with teams in Iraq for research and information gathering
* Formulating annual marketing plans
You would be expected to work 35 hours a week, as well as sometimes attending evening and weekend events and meetings.
* Educated to degree level (or equivalent)
* Knowledge of Arabic desirable but not essential
* Excellent interpersonal skills – relationship building and networking skills to develop and nurture donor relationships. * Ability to establish rapport with a diverse range of people.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and financially numerate.
* Organised approach to work – proactive, good and methodical administrative skills, with good planning and time-management.
* Ability to prioritise and work well under pressure.
* Self-motivated and committed to the cause of the charity
* Excellent presentation skills
* A warm, personable manner is an absolute must, as we are looking for someone who works well within a team and can help out with other departments when needed (time allowing).
* Make a positive contribution to our warm and friendly office environment.
At Noor Trust, we have a policy of supporting colleagues to develop their skills and upgrade performance. If you have not worked in this field previously, but are motivated by the thought of charitable work and in particular helping orphans, then please do not hesitate to apply, as we do offer skill training and encourage continual development.